OPERA HOUSE ARTS REOPENING POLICY
We look forward to welcoming our community back to the Opera House. The safety of our volunteers and patrons has motivated changes to our systems, and operations and we are excited to share some of the ways we are preparing The Opera House for a safe, quality movie going experience for our patrons.
The majority of our Summer 2021 programs and events are currently booked as outdoor performances, with the majority of these at the new Stonington Ball Field stage thanks to a collaboration with the Town of Stonington. Other locations TBA.
For indoor movies and events, the Opera House Arts Board of Directors has adopted a policy to allow for opening for indoor events when the 28-day rolling average of COVID-19 cases in Hancock County, ME falls below 16 active cases per 10,000 residents. The Maine CDC updates this data each Thursday.
We will continue to follow the most up to date COVID-19 Guidances from the State of Maine and the Centers for Disease Control.
Additional Precautions Include:
• RESERVED ONLINE TICKETING ONLY, until further notice
• Households wishing to sit together, should purchase tickets in one transaction.
• All patrons should arrive well before showtime to allow our ushers to seat you comfortably.
• We encourage all persons to stay home if they are not feeling well and respect the space of others when at the theatre. There will be many social distancing reminders.
• All staff, volunteers, and patrons are required to wear a face mask indoors.
• Plexiglass shields are installed at the counter
• Waiting is 6 feet apart in the lobby
• High touch and self service items have been removed
• Hand sanitizing stations are installed throughout the lobby and theatre.
• Restrooms are for patron use only
STEPPING UP OUR GAME
• All staff and volunteers will be screened daily with a health questionnaire
• Frequently disinfecting surfaces throughout the day
• Careful monitoring of our procedures in the concessions area
• Enhanced air flow throughout our building
• We will continue monitoring the health of our community and adapting as needed
We look forward to seeing you this summer.